[MPlayer-dev-eng] DirectSound (win32) audio output driver

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 15 18:54:08 CEST 2004

 --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:

> >By the way, what should I call the new ao? ao_dsound or
> >ao_directx? Or maybe even ao_directsound?
>
> I'm not sure but directsound is imho to long while directx would be
> consistent with vo_directx.

Alright, I think I prefer that too. Although ao_dsound might be more
appropriate because there's another audio interface in DirectX called
DirectMusic.

> >One more thing: How does MPlayer exactly find out that the audio
> >stream has reached its end? Does it wait until get_delay returns
> >zero? Or does it use its own timer to find out when to stop?
>
> Play() returns the number of bytes played. Afaik the end of the
> audio stream is detected by the demuxer.

Sorry, I meant how it realizes that the data which play() put into
the buffer has finished playing (at the end of a stream). But it
doesn't matter any more, I will make sure nothing bad happens in any
case.

Florian

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de