[MPlayer-dev-eng] DirectSound (win32) audio output driver

Florian Dietrich flodt8 at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 15 00:42:02 CEST 2004

 --- Sascha Sommer <saschasommer at freenet.de> wrote:
> >Meanwhile I should probably also think about which HWND to pass to
> >the SetCooperativeLevel function ;-) maybe just some invisible
> >dummy window? I'm not sure whether I can rely on anything else.
>
> Does it require a window?

Well, the docs say it does, though ANY window is fine according to
them. I'll just have to try it out. I also think that you can get the
HWND to a console window, but I could imagine situations when there's
none of those either.

> For vo directx it worked without. I think there is a function to
> get a handle to the desktop window. You could use this then
instead.
> At least don't rely on a vo window.

Don't worry, I won't. I think you do pass a HWND of a newly created
(but not shown) window to SetCooperativeLevel in vo_directx though
(created around line 980, used then in Directx_InitDirectDraw).

By the way, what should I call the new ao? ao_dsound or ao_directx?
Or maybe even ao_directsound?

One more thing: How does MPlayer exactly find out that the audio
stream has reached its end? Does it wait until get_delay returns
zero? Or does it use its own timer to find out when to stop?

Florian

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de