[MPlayer-dev-eng] The NUT backward pointers

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 10:40:52 CEST 2004

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 02:27:10AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Tuesday 13 April 2004 01:31, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Great. Could you please provide such a small sample or tell me
>>> exactly how I create one? Thanks.
>>
>> i used ffmpeg -i ~/videos/Lord_Of_The_Rings-Teaser.avi -bf 7
>> -qscale 3 -acodec mp2  testB.nut
>
> And it works? And all the frames have the correct pts in the header??

It plays just fine for me (and I'm glad to have *finally* fixed the
problems I had with compiling ffmpeg); there's a spew of messages when I
seek, but they appear more informational than error-y, and there don't
seem to be any problems with the playback in any case. Whether or not
there are any problems in the header I can't say, but if so they don't
seem to be affecting playback or seeking any.

And may I say how amazingly cool it feels to be playing a NUT? Though
I'd suggest giving libavformat a higher priority than the XMMS plugins
in the chain of demuxers to fall back on.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.