[MPlayer-dev-eng] NSV demuxer

Reza Jelveh reza.jelveh at tu-harburg.de
Tue Apr 13 02:30:36 CEST 2004

hiya

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:52:54 +0200
Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> wrote:
> I committed a demuxer for NSV (Nullsoft streaming video) format.
thanks

> - NSVf header parsing: it contains stream info like title and author,  will look into that in a while but if anyone else wanna do that? feel free to complete it.

> - Seeking: coarse seeking should not be difficult, except for the
looking into seeking too

> be at least a SUBT subtitle data fromat (anyone have samples?)
http://205.188.234.33:8048/;stream.nsv
this stream has subtitles i didnt know how to handle subtitles in mplayer so i didnt try to implement it.

> - Other aux streams (ASYNC)
do these actually do something??

> - VP5: why doesn't it work? Is it just a keyframe issue?
i think compn has reported plain vp5 to work. its weird in combination with vlb.
> - find out something about VLB audio
http://nsvod-prod-mods-rtr.stream.aol.com/uvox?cachefile=/aol/us/aolmusic/artists/emi/brandy/397hsfijh_90384poekj_16.nsa
you need to play that stream with mplayer -demuxer 35 since its not automatically detected as nsv.
vlb audio is dolby aac it works theoretically the problem however is that it doesnt at all respect the audio chunk length defined by the nsvs header which makes me think whats that useless nsv header there for anyway? :P

regards
reza jelveh