[MPlayer-dev-eng] DirectSound (win32) audio output driver

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Sun Apr 11 19:38:02 CEST 2004

>Has there already been any work done for a DirectSound ao driver?
>If there has, is there anything I can do to help finishing it? If
>not, are there any infos besides what's in DOCS/tech which might
>help, or anything that's potentially difficult to write? So far it
>sounds pretty straight forward...

I don't know of any project regarding this topic.
Would be cool if you write this ao. The only difficulty I encountered
writing ao_win32
was to get the buffering right.
Otherwise I can only recommend you to read the libao2/ao_*.c files. Xine
seems to have
a directsound audio driver, too. Maybe you can find some usefull info there.
Have fun.

Sascha