[MPlayer-dev-eng] G450 mms: making it work with mga_vid and 4 outputs

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Fri Apr 9 22:44:35 CEST 2004

hello,

i post to this list, because over at the users list no one could help me.
i'll explain my problem in short:

i have a matrox g450 mms with 4 independent graphic chips and so i have 4
outputs, wich i want to use at the same time.
since the graphicschips are all MGA G400, mga_vid should work, if i only
could somehow assign multiple mga_vid devices, wich the driver currently is
unable to.

nicholas deverge has hacked the driver for a g200 mms card as can be seen in
this thread:
http://zebra.fh-weingarten.de/~maxi/html/mplayer-dev-eng/2001-12/msg00296.ht
ml
i tried to follow his instructions but it doesn't work and i don't even know
why.

i am not into programming, so i am quite lost here :(

i can use 4 outputs simultaniously already with matroxfb, but even with the
parameters double = true in /etc/fb.modes and with -double on the mplayer
cmd-line i get nasty flashes every now and then, too sad.

can anybody here help me out? i'd be very thankfull.

my regards,
/jc