[MPlayer-dev-eng] where have the old daily releases gone to?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Sep 30 21:52:52 CEST 2003

Dirk wrote:
> Corey Hickey wrote:
>

>>Dirk wrote:
>>

>>>I'd like to pinpoint a possible bug, and I'd like to do that with two
>>>older releases. I mean those mplayer-20020bla.tar.gz archives.
>>>
>>>I'd like to beg for a reply describing me place where they have gone to.
>>>
>>>I'm NOT interested in "Why?" or "I know better..." stuff.
>>>
>>>Dirk
>>>

>>You might be interested in the -D option to cvs. For instance, to check
>>out CVS from June 1, use:
>>$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at mplayerhq.hu:/cvsroot/mplayer co \
>>-D"2003-06-01" main
>>
>>There are more fine-tuned controls to -D. man cvs to find out. :)
>>
>>-Corey
>

> That's GREAT!!! - Unfortunately libavcodec comes from sf's cvs which is
> a pain in the ass for anonymous users...
>
> So, if someone just could tell me where those fucking archives with old
> MPlayer releases have gone to... ANYONE, is it so hard to pull that
> information out of your ass instead of giving useless cvs advices?
>
> Dirk

I don't think the CVS snapshots have libavcodec, anyway. :)

If sourceforge is giving you trouble, bear these in mind:

1. You don't have to check out all of ffmpeg; just libavcodec.
$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg \
co ffmpeg/libavcodec

2. You can use -D with cvs update, too (even to go backwards in time) so
you just download patches instead of the whole directory all over again.
$ cvs update -dPAD"2003-09-01"

3. Sometimes I still get "end of file from server" errors. If you hate
retrying, then do this (if you're using bash):
$ until cvs update -dPA ; do sleep 10 ; done

Note that I'm not advocating hammering their servers; I think the delay
chosen above is appropriate.

-Corey