[MPlayer-dev-eng] about the suse removal (Fwd: Re: MPlayer in SuSE)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Sep 27 03:51:28 CEST 2003

the possible reason for removal of mplayer from suse:

this mail was exchanged by me and some suse legal ppl, they said its
still not possible to enable some key features, due to legal problems.
then i asked them, that if mpeg4, ac3, asf etc cannot be enabled, then
remove crippled mplayer from distro. an useless mplayer gui without
codecs and demuxers isn't a good thing.