[MPlayer-dev-eng] seg faults with certain .mov clips

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 13:36:09 CEST 2003

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:18:40 -0400
yahoo <yahoo.rm at muth.org> wrote:

Hmpf.. this is really not the right place for a bugreport
especialy as this isn't really a bugreport either.

> My digital camera (Minolta Dimage 7i) produces Quicktime movies
> that will lead to a seg fault when I try to play them using mplayer.
> A sample movie can be found at:
>
> http://muth.org/Robert/bad.mov

Yet another one caught by the dyn arrays in demux_mov.c.
The problem here is, that at line 1459 udta_len is too big
(1093684585 for this file) thus the array doesnt fit anymore into
the stack.

I remember reporting this problem a few months ago, looks
like nobody cared.

			Attila Kinali

PS: to correctly debug this, you have to compile libmdemux with -O0

--
Chu beyond the blackest chu, Deeper then the deepest pika, King of pikachu who
shines like gold on the sea of electric. I call upon thee, swear myself to thee,