[MPlayer-dev-eng] Request for patch test (forced subtitles)

Arne Driescher driescher at mpi-magdeburg.mpg.de
Wed Sep 10 09:17:10 CEST 2003

> I agree this should be supported, but it should be optional via
> command line/config file. Some of us understand Elvish and Aramaic and
> such... :)) Or we have CPU too slow to smooth dvd/vob subtitles, and
> hate the ugly pixellated look. (More likely the latter.)
>
> Rich
Full Ack.
Command line switch will be included in the next patch.

However, "forced" is not that much forced :-)
It means that if you have selected a subtitlestream
(in your prefered language)
you can ask mplayer to suppress all subtitles
that are not marked  as forced .
If you don't select a subtitle stream no subtitles
are displayed even when they are forced.

Arne