[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling mplayer cvs: faad error

Sat Sep 6 19:24:46 CEST 2003

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Arpi wrote:

A>send a bugreport, to -(adv)users.
A>
A>again, a bugreport, not a copypaste of your screen.
A>bugreports include environment info, config.h etc, RTFM bugreprts.html!

Um.. Sorry. I was just too relaxed with other bugreports lately and
forgot that you need config.h and other info when talking about mplayer.

To make up, I investigated the problem a little futher.

Bug occurs in ad_faad.c, line 89: on check #if (FAADVERSION <= 11)
The problem is, there is no FAADVERSION defined at all. Configure
/should/ define it, but there is following code in configure (line 4325)

  if test "$_cc_major" -eq "3" && test "$_cc_minor" -eq "2" ; then
    _faad=no
    echores "no (buggy gcc fails compiling)"

my gcc is 3.2.2.

But
1) this gcc was able to compile libfaad2 from mplayer some days ago
2) after all those checks, configure in line 4290 checks for faad2,
   detects it and turns it on.
3) if I ignore configure warning and put #define FAADVERSION 20 into
   config.h, mplayer compiles with faad2 perfectly.

I think that check in configure should be changed somehow... Maybe gcc
3.2.0 wasn't able to compile faad, but this was fixed in 3.2.2 or .1.

--

Vladimir