[MPlayer-dev-eng] Feedback wanted regarding dvd playing in mplayer.

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Fri Sep 5 19:27:58 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I am about to make changes to the libdvdnav api, and would like some
> feedback from yourselves as to any improvements/changes you would like
>
> see in libdvdnav, so that it might work better with mplayer.
> Are you interested in using libdvdnav?
Yes, if the API changes.
However, I never looked at that code, nor I have coded something for it,
I've heard lot of comments on the mplayer lists about the issue.

libdvdnav has own functions for dvd reading and data handling, altought
it would be better, if the caller could pass all the datas/pointers or
callbacks would be involved (stream reader callback)

For example (pseudocode)

my_stream_reader(char *buf, int len)
{
	mplayer_stream_read(buf, len)
}

dvdvnav_init(my_stream_reader)
loop{
dvdvnav_events()
}

This way the caller can use it's current structure for buffer handling,
and mplayer can use the caching system together with dvdnav.

This is the main point I've heard against current  dvdnav.

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)