[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] Auto LDT creation in FreeBSD

Dan Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Thu Sep 4 00:00:53 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm a FreeBSD developer working on our new threads library.
The new threads library uses LDTs on x86 and this doesn't
work with threaded applications/libraries that also make
use of LDTs.  To solve this problem, we massaged the
i386_set_ldt() interface in FreeBSD to allow for dynamic/auto
LDT creation.  The kernel will find an unused LDT and
return it to the caller.  Using this interface allows
both the threads library and other applications/libraries
to use LDTs without clashing with one another.

The patch to mplayer to allow it to work with our new
threads library is here:

Can you guys please incorporate this or something like
it into HEAD?  Thanks.

--
Dan Eischen