[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Mplayer-cvslog] CVS: main/DOCS/en codecs.html,1.124,1.125

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Sep 1 11:58:22 CEST 2003

Hi Arpi,

> i've just commited libfaad2 dir and the requires changes to
> makefile/configure/ad_faad.c

how recent is this version? I'm asking because a few weeks ago some code
was committed to libfaad to enable decoding of HE-AAC (also called SBR
AAC or AAC+, see www.hydrogenaudio.com for details - can't provide an
exact URL as the host is not responding at the moment), and I'll soon
add support for HE-AAC (requires some small changes to the libfaad setup
routines - five bytes of private data instead of two if I recall
correctly).

> but rather teh doc should be updated about faad: now it's included
> just like liba52 or libmpeg2.

How easy will it be to update the included libfaad?

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)