[MPlayer-dev-eng] vo_fbdev does not compile with debian unstable kernel headers

Angelo Cano angelo_cano at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 31 23:08:07 CET 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:17:46PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I did a dist upgrade yesterday and got a new debian unstable kernel
> > headers package which seems to be from 2.6.0-test7:
> It's a known issue that our kernel related drivers are not working under
> 2.6 due to massive api changes.

It's still a problem even if you're using an older kernel.
I have 2.4.22 and cvs compile failed in the same place.  The
configure script is assuming kernel headers are in /usr/include/linux.

Under Debian it's going to find the 2.5.999 kernel headers used to
compile libc, while my actual headers are in
/usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r`/include