[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Oct 31 19:24:24 CET 2003

Diego Biurrun writes:
 > Arpi writes:
 >  > > -- etc/cygwin_inttypes.h
 >  > isnt it still requires for win32 builds? (dont forget mingw32 too)
 >
 > No.  It never was for MinGW, which needed another types.h file.
 > Nowadays both Cygwin and MinGW can compile MPlayer out of the box.
 >
 > I think I will just remove cygwin_inttypes.h and add it to
 >
 > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/contrib/
 >
 > Whoever really needs it, can grab it from there.

Done.  File removed, docs updated.

Hmm, but I just noticed that we have another inttypes.h file in etc/ :

  // fallback if the user doesn't have inttypes.h (libc5 systems)

  typedef unsigned char uint8_t;
  typedef unsigned short uint16_t;
  typedef unsigned long uint32_t;
  typedef unsigned long long uint64_t;

  typedef signed char int8_t;
  typedef signed short int16_t;
  typedef signed long int32_t;
  typedef signed long long int64_t;

Is this still needed? Where?  Looks like cruft to me, libc5 systems
come from the dawn of time and I doubt you can compile MPlayer there
anyway.  Should this also be removed?

Diego