[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-mplayer-dev-eng at mithrandi.za.net
Thu Oct 30 12:27:26 CET 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:34:15 +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > -- one of the two debian directories
> imho both must go, they are both useless & broken
> debian packagers use their own version anyway

I wasn't aware there were two debian directories, but anyhow; I build
mplayer as a Debian package (configured the way I want it though) on my
system, and I don't see how this is either useless or broken.

> > rewrite:
> > -- vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
>
> vo_gl was written for DRI, gl2 for SGI
> they both opengl but wiht different hardware and implementation,
> gl2 is slow as hell with DRI, and vice versa
> anyway nvidia driver (which is based on sgi libs afaik), needs gl2

I use vo_gl2 personally, but it and vo_gl are the only output drivers
that run at a decent speed on my Radeon 9700 system (using the ATi
FireGL drivers).

mithrandi