[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 30 11:37:42 CET 2003

Hi,

> > -- means it has to go
> > +- means there is no agreement yet
> >
> > remove now:
> > -- vf_eq
> Now or after 1.0...?
> > -- fibmap_mplayer.c
> If this goes, we have to require linux 2.5 for libcss support, or
> remove libcss support.

agree

> Do we want this?

this is teh question

> > rewrite:
> > -- vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
> I still don't think they're the same. IIRC one uses small tiles for
> pos cards that can't use large textures (or which are slow with large
> textures) and the other puts the whole video in one texture.

as i said already, gl and gl2 are very different.
gl2 supports texture tiling, but there is bigger difference:
gl2 does several calls to gl core to query status of available
functions, colorspaces, etc. on sgi (and really conformant drivers)
it works fine, but with DRI it fails, as MESA emulates all the
functions in software, so all of the queried formats etc seems to work,
but most of them are software emulated and so unusably slow.
so gl2 performs very bad on DRI driver powered cards.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu