[MPlayer-dev-eng] cruft removal

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Tue Oct 28 19:27:47 CET 2003

Hi,

> - HTML documentation (hu, it, zh, de)
Schnell, schnell! ;)

> - vf_eq
Another thread.

> - .raw font support
That's a good question..

> - etc/cygwin_inttypes.h
If MPlayer requires anyway a recent Cygwin release which contains
inttypes.h, than you can safely remove it.

> - libao2/
wtf? you meant ao_plugin?

> - libmpdvdkit2/
maybe we could distribute it independantly

> - libmpeg2/
is ffmpeg12 beating it in speed? not really imho :(

> - libflac/
i'm working on it ;)

> - libmpcodecs/native/
> - mp3lib/
arpi is/was working on it

> - vo_gl (there is vo_gl2)
i have plans on this

> - vo_dga
why? it should be rewritten but not removed

> - vo_fbdev (there is vo_fbdev2)
use fbdev from g2 :)

> What is missing?  What is bogus?  We should eventually add this to
> DOCS/tech/TODO, or even better start 'rm -rf'-ing a few things.
I would be really happy cleaning up the chaos in TOOLS/.

A 'dream' entry: removed loader/, after having all the opensource
decoders in lavc ;)

--
Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu>
(MPlayer Core Developer -- http://www.mplayerhq.hu/)