[MPlayer-dev-eng] Timing (Endpos)

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Thu Oct 23 13:00:09 CEST 2003

Hello.

I have good news! I have finally managed to implement the endpos of the
mencoder into the mplayer! But there is a small problem in the timing. Could
you please tell me how I can get the exact timing of a video file in
mplayer? I mean which function are you using to get the exact timing, not
relative. What I am doing is using the endpos like in the mencoder, e.g. to
end at 00:30.00, which works with the patch I am going to provide you with
soon! But ONLY if you don't fast forward or rewind! The problem comes when
you fast-forward or when you rewind, e.g.:
-> if you playback until 00:15.00, then
-> rewind to 00:05.00, then...

instead you would end at 00:20.00 instead of 00:30.00! This happens because
the timer actually counts the time that you are currently playing and ends
when you play 30 seconds in total no matter what you do (e.g. you could
rewind every 5 seconds, 5 seconds back and finally you will have the mplayer
end the playback around the point you are currently watching(!), simply
because it will have counted 30 seconds in total!).
So, which function are you using to get the exact timing of a video file and
when you want to get the 30th second of the video file, then you do get the
30th second indeed (and not another relative, condition-dependant time-point
in the video file). I hope you got the point and you understand. Thanks.

Best regards,

Kostas