[MPlayer-dev-eng] How do u get total time of files?

shane bradley sb_mplayer at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:02:13 CEST 2003

I am using mplayer as engine for my Java based jukebox application?

The only problem that i have is getting the total time of files?

How do u get the totaltime of files?

Such as .mp3, .ogg or some video media. I would like to be able to use
mplayer to do this, i have tried the identity flag but it never seems
to  return the time in output.

Btw, I have not found any java based libraries that will allow me to get
total time of mp3, I have tried javazoom, but it does not take in to
account VBR files. Currently i am using Mp3Info, but I would like to use
just one external app, because these are native programs and not java. I
am reading from a stream, in linux. too btw