[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer Faad Performance -ARM Zaurus

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Oct 22 11:32:27 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Is faad2  impossible to play AAC in arm cpu  because of the complexity of
> mpeg4 aac lc ?

it's (probably) impossible because of the lack of FPU (floating point
arihtmetic) in ARM CPUs. someone should write an AAC decoder using integer
arithmetic only (i mean fixed point and such tricks)

also, for mp3 you should try -ac ffmp3, it's integer-only decoder, should be
faster than mp3lib and libmad.

> The feedback that I receive from linuxer is vital for me to bring you
> better linux solutions.

what kind of "linux solutions" you mean?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu