[MPlayer-dev-eng] screen reset problem with playlists (reward will be given)

Benjamin Zores ben at tutuxclan.org
Tue Oct 21 18:19:40 CEST 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:07:25 +0200
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I am experimenting a project that can play multiple MPEG clips with
> > playlists (can be skiped while playing).
> > Eveything works fine except 2 problems.
> > First, at the end of a clip, my TV screen seems to be reset. Can anyone
> > make it smooth transition?
> > Second, I use (mplayer -vo vesa -fs -playlist /data/playlists) as the command.
> > However, my tv screen won't be 100% full. There is about one inch gap
> > around the TV screen.
> >
> > I am useing VIA EPIA-800 motherboard and the clips are MPEG files.
> >
> > I will pay a couple of hundred dollors to anyone who gives me a solution,
> > I am really serious.
>
> you could have save this money by RTFMing first :)
> options -zoom and -fixedvo are your friends.

Sorry but according to man page, -fixed-vo option can't be used with vesa mode
(that's what he requested) or then, man page should be updated ?

Seems that TV Out problems come from the VIA EPIA mainboard itself, as the BIOS
has to be set to use OverScan mod instead of UnderScan.

Besides, if you really wanna use VESA mode, you'd better try "-vo vesa:vidix"
but in this case you may need the attached patch to get a correct tvout display.

Benjamin