[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: -of mpeg

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Tue Oct 21 13:44:18 CEST 2003

    Hi, Tomi Ollila!

Sometime (on Tuesday, October 21 at 14:30) I've received something...
>Tuesday Oct 21 13:15:50 +0200 2003 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> mpeg2 standard:
>> ----
>> If  progressive_sequence  is  equal  to  '1',  this  flag,   combined   with
>> repeat_first_field, indicates  how  many  times  (one,  two  or  three)  the
>> reconstructed frame is output by the decoding process.
>> ----

    Michael, is that about system stream or about video stream? If it's
about system stream then could you send me the document or URL?

>> so yes, if the video is progresive then we can duplicate frames

>How about dropping frames, then ?

    MPEG muxer creates MPEG system stream from video and audio streams.
It's only function it does.

>Tomi

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.