[MPlayer-dev-eng] help_mp-en.h

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 21 07:45:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

> Could somebody please expand MSGTR_EnterTelecineMode?
> "demux_mpg: 3:2 TELECINE detected, enabling inverse telecine fx."
> I get that movie is telecine, so conversion to remove it is enabled
> automatically. But what is 'fx'?

short form of 'effect'

it was a quick hack by me, i didnt spend days constructing nice sentences :)

anyway that whole hack is ugly and sometimes broken, should be replaced by
Rich's method of shifting absolute timestamps by 1/4 duration when RFF flag
set (ro so, RTFS g2). also it is quiet, so this msg is redundant then.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu