[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] [3rd try] missing option descriptions

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 20 16:08:50 CEST 2003

Diego Biurrun writes:
 > I just checked and it seems like -oldpp really is the last
 > undocumented option..  So please help me finish this off.
 >
 > Arpi writes:
 >  > > - oldpp
 >  > >
 >  > >   Attila said this is the old -pp option, however I have no idea in
 >  > >   which they differ, this was before my time.
 >  >
 >  > this must be really obsolete!
 >  > not even my grandma remembers that times, when we used opendivx's (yeah it
 >  > did exists before divx.com has born) postprocessing code, and nobody ever
 >  > heard about Michael N. yet :)
 >
 > So what should it be?  What about something like this entry:
 >
 >   -oldpp <quality> (OBSOLETE)
 > 	Use the (inferior) opendivx postprocessing code instead of the
 > 	(better) internal one. Superceded by -pp.
 >
 >         The valid range of -oldpp value vary on codecs, mostly 0-6,
 >         where 0=disable 6=slowest/best.
 >
 > It's of course inspired by -pp:
 >
 >   -pp <quality> (see -vf pp option too!)
 >          Set postprocess level of the DLL.  This option is NO LONGER
 >          USABLE with MPlayer's postprocess filter, but only with Win32
 >          DirectShow DLLs which have internal postprocessing routine.
 >
 >          The valid range of -pp value vary on codecs, mostly 0-6,
 >          where 0=disable 6=slowest/best.

I now have the following in my local tree:

.B \-oldpp <quality> (OBSOLETE)
Use the opendivx postprocessing code instead of the internal one.
Superceded by \-pp, the internal postprocessing offers better
quality and performance.

The valid range of \-oldpp values varies by codec, mostly
0\-6, where 0=disable 6=slowest/\:best.

Somebody please say "commit" or point out the error in my ways.
Thanks

Diego