[MPlayer-dev-eng] bsd vs. linux - encoding benchmarking

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sun Oct 19 19:28:42 CEST 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Arpi wrote:

> hmm. so only freebsd and linux had sse optims?

	Correct.  And it didn't seem to help freebsd very much.

> i meant the _de_coder, in your commandlines i cant see -vc option,

	Oh, ok.   I was using libdv then.

> so mencoder uses teh default DV decoder, its qdv (win32 dll) unless
> you changed config.conf. its also a lot faster than ffdv, at least
> on linux.

	I have not installed any of the win32 codecs.  So for DV
	_de_coding mencoder would have been using libdv, correct?

	cheers,
	Steven Schultz