[mplayer-dev-eng] mpalyer sucks! (not: autoconf suxx!)

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Sun Oct 19 11:01:35 CEST 2003

Am Son, den 19.10.2003 schrieb Gabucino um 00:27:

> _We_ won't read autotools documentations.
> Instead we wrote our own system, and it worked well in the past 2.5 years,
> so there's 0 reason to change.

This is definitely wrong. It breaks and bursts on all ends even for
those of you using conventional i386 platforms. It is also obvious that
the author did not design the system but ripped it off from some
configure script created by autoconfig.

At the moment it still does not properly detect TV support and xvid but
compiles the files and tries to link them in.

It's not possible to compile when srcdir != objdir because it's looking
in the wrong directory for files.

While we are at it, the Makefiles themselves also have problems: DESTDIR
support is broken and dependencies are not recognised and thus do not
work.

--
Servus,
       Daniel