[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: -of mpeg

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Oct 18 00:53:57 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 10:43:00AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Heyo,
>
> I got this mail yesterday:

I'm curious...is there any way to encode duplicate frames in mpeg
output? Otherwise -of mpeg will always hopelessly break A/V sync, so
it's pointless to fix it and it should just be removed...

Perhaps it would be possible to fix mencoder so it actually encodes
duplicate frames twice (at least optionally)...although I looked at
this once and the code seemed to be too horrible to fix.

> Is it save to commit ?
>
> [ ] Yes
> [ ] No
> [ ] No yaoi for Gabu!