[mplayer-dev-eng] mpalyer sucks! (not: autoconf suxx!)

Rüdiger Kuhlmann mplayer-list-UGa6JdjLujS2 at ruediger-kuhlmann.de
Fri Oct 17 23:45:10 CEST 2003

>--[Alex Beregszaszi]--<alex at fsn.hu>

> > Actually no. If you'd have used autoconf and automake, you wouldn't
> > need to make distclean, it would make sure the necessary files (i.e.
> > all) would be recompiled on its own. Which showns that mplayer's build
> > system is just a poor re-invention of the wheel if it has such
> > trouble.
> If autoconf and automake is the wheel, we would still trying to make it
> rounded..

autoconf and automake may not be hyper-modern racing tires made of super gum,
but they're more than just round. Which is more than mplayer's system, which
is like dragging stuff over the floor behind you...

Oh, and none of the replies to my posting did contain any arguments... just
the usual lame rant.

--
         100 DM =  51  € 13 ¢.
         100  € = 195 DM 58 pf.