[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bug with ASF media and -playlist option

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 18:35:07 CEST 2003

All,

I am using mplayer 1.0pre2 and I am testing to see if the media being passed
in is a playlist or not using the following command

mplayer -cache 4 -v -ao null -vo null -q -frames 0 -playlist fname.media

I then look for "Playing" and pull out the references

However, on media types of .asf I am getting bogus lines that look like this

Playing 0&xxxxxxx

With the xxxxxx being unprintable garbage. Shows up as squares in
gnome-terminal. The behavior should be that a Playing line is never emiited.
So I think we have a uninitialized buffer somewhere that is being used.

OS:	fedora core test 3
gcc:	3.3.1
mplayer 1.0pre2

Kevin