[MPlayer-dev-eng] Endpos for Mplayer.

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Fri Oct 17 18:09:16 CEST 2003

Hello.

I am trying to import the endpos function from mencoder to mplayer so that I
can have a stop time option available into the mplayer. I want to combine it
with the seek (-ss) function for my project's purposes. Because I don't have
much time for mplayer development I am sending you whatever I have already
done to make the endpos for the mplayer so that maybe you could suggest me
what else I should do to make it work. The current status is that it
compiles ok but when I use the -endpos argument, e.g.:
# mplayer -ss 15 -endpos 30 video.mpg

the mplayer seeks normally to the 15th second of the file but it doesn't
exit on the 30th second as it should be, but it plays until the video.mpg
reaches the end (end of file). It doesn't display any error messages,
otherwise I would send you the output I get to give you a picture of any
situation, but this is not the case. It runs like I have made no changes at
all, i.e. normally, but it doesn't do the endpos.

I hope it all makes sense. I have changed only 3 files: cfg-common.h,
cfg-mencoder.h and of course mplayer.c and I indent all my changes with
"kkar". I am willing to answer you any questions that could help at
anything.  Please help if you can. I would be grateful.

Best regards,

Kostas