[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] [3rd try] missing option descriptions

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Oct 16 04:55:09 CEST 2003

I just checked and it seems like -oldpp really is the last
undocumented option..  So please help me finish this off.

Arpi writes:
 > > - oldpp
 > >
 > >   Attila said this is the old -pp option, however I have no idea in
 > >   which they differ, this was before my time.
 >
 > this must be really obsolete!
 > not even my grandma remembers that times, when we used opendivx's (yeah it
 > did exists before divx.com has born) postprocessing code, and nobody ever
 > heard about Michael N. yet :)

So what should it be?  What about something like this entry:

  -oldpp <quality> (OBSOLETE)
	Use the (inferior) opendivx postprocessing code instead of the
	(better) internal one. Superceded by -pp.

        The valid range of -oldpp value vary on codecs, mostly 0-6,
        where 0=disable 6=slowest/best.

It's of course inspired by -pp:

  -pp <quality> (see -vf pp option too!)
         Set postprocess level of the DLL.  This option is NO LONGER
         USABLE with MPlayer's postprocess filter, but only with Win32
         DirectShow DLLs which have internal postprocessing routine.

         The valid range of -pp value vary on codecs, mostly 0-6,
         where 0=disable 6=slowest/best.

Diego