[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer tv:// working with dvb cards?

Juha juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Wed Oct 15 21:37:12 CEST 2003

Hi there,

It was suggested to me in the mplayer-dvb list to ask this here, so...

I have a Siemens premium dvb-c card with an onboard mpeg decoder. I've
tried to read the videostream that the dvb card mpeg decoder produces to
the v4l device with mplayer option tv:// but I can't seem to get it to
work. Does this make any sense, ie. should/could this work. I read the
documentation on tv watching and tried the example there, and below is
the output of the command.

Is this something that somebody has tried?

Thanks in advance,

Juha

bash:~# mplayer -tv driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:outfmt=i420 -vc
rawi420 tv://
MPlayer 1.0pre2-3.2.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel Pentium III Katmai/Pentium III Xeon Tanner 515.8 MHz (Family:
6, Step
ping: 3)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

Reading config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
directo
ry
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No
such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open
'/usr/local/etc/mplayer/c
odecs.conf': No such file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or
director
Can't open input config file /usr/local/etc/mplayer/input.conf: No such
file or
directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) input config

Playing tv://
TV detected! ;-)
Selected driver: v4l
 name: Video 4 Linux input
 author: Alex Beregszaszi
 comment: under development
Selected device: DVB Board
 Capabilites: capture tuner overlay clipping frameram scales
 Device type: 235
 Supported sizes: 32x32 => 768x576
 Inputs: 1
  0: DVB: tuner audio tv camera  (tuner:1, norm:ntsc)
Card reports an unknown audio mode !
Trying two channel audio. Use forcechan to override.
Card reports an unknown audio mode !
Trying two channel audio. Use forcechan to override.
Using input 'DVB'
ioctl get tuner failed: Invalid argument
Tuner isn't capable to set norm!
Error: Cannot set norm!