[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] Quicktime yv12 support

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Oct 14 10:50:16 CEST 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> >  > >This patch adds yv12 support for Quicktime:
> >  > >http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/mplayer/mplayer-1.0pre1.yv12.patch
>Any reaction?

Just in case developers think "huh? whatshat format? Who cares?" I might
add that it's required when capturing video with streamer and editing it
with Broadcast2000. Bcast doesn't support AVI so it's out of question [*]
(and uncompressed videos tend to go over AVI 2GB limit anyway). An
alternative would be to use jpeg, but that would create compression
artifacts.

If you want, I could provide some example videos.

[*] (Please! Add Quicktime output format into mencoder)