[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS]use emphasis tag instead of capital letters?

陆然 hephooey at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 14 04:31:09 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 10:10, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>  > also some other questions:
>  >
>  > 1. sometimes MPlayer is used with <application> tags, sometimes not, and
>  > sometimes we use mplayer, is there any rule about which should be used
>  > in different place?
>
> MPlayer is the name of the project, mplayer is the name of the
> compiled executable.  So you would say
>
>   "MPlayer supports many different video out drivers."
>
> but
>
>   "Run 'mplayer -vo help' to see which ones you have."
>
> I'm undecided about the <application> tags.  In the past we removed
> all <B> HTML tags around MPlayer because many were forgotten anyway.
> OTOH it's always a good idea to add quite a lot of semantic markup..
> Anyway, we should be consistent and either add or remove them
> everywhere.  Opinions?

mplayer is only for binary file? Ok, you'll receive a patch about history.xml
soon :) cause there is a "mplayer project" in it. I think I should not use
<application> there since there are too many MPlayers.

IMHO use <application> around MPlayer looks some kind of cool ;) My question
is when we talk about MPlayer's web page ,MPlayer's ftp or mplayer font pkg
etc, should we use the <application> tag or not. If we can make some rule
about this, I think use <application> is ok.

--
Best Regards,
LR