[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: -of mpeg

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 13 17:21:38 CEST 2003

Andriy N. Gritsenko writes:
 > Sometime (on Thursday, September 25 at 12:42) I've received something...
 > >Just a quickie...
 > >
 > >Can someone explain why when I do:
 > >
 > >mencoder -of mpeg -ovc copy -oac copy input.mpg -o output.mpg
 > >
 > >where input.mpg is MPEG2 video/audio at SVCD spec, does it state:
 > >
 > >"Writing AVI header..."
 > >"Writing AVI index..."
 > >and:
 > >"Fixing AVI header..."
 > >
 > >Surely if i'm wanting an MPEG output, (-of mpeg), it should get an MPEG
 > >header?
 >
 >     It comes from help_mp-*.h so I cannot do anything with it.

Sure you can.  It does not come from help_mp-*.h, that is just the
translation.  The message comes from mencoder.c, just grep for
AVIHeader and AVIIndex.  This should be generalized a bit more now
that MEncoder can mux to more than just AVI.  Could you send a patch
for this?

 >     Silly me... I didn't find it earlier but it was my bug. Sorry. Patch
 > is attached so you could fix it right now. It must work fine.

 > -//    printf ("Added video stream %d\n", muxer->num_videos);
 > +    mp_msg (MSGT_MENCODER, MSGL_DBG2, "Added video stream %d, ckid=%X\n", muxer->num_videos, s->ckid);

Shouldn't the messages from mp_msg calls be put into help/help_mp-en.h
so they can be translated?

Diego