[MPlayer-dev-eng] Another SiS vidix issue

Jake Page jake at CS.Stanford.EDU
Sun Oct 12 20:29:26 CEST 2003

Hey,

For the CRT1/CRT2 issue try setting the environment variable VIDIX_CRT=2 -
since the SiS 650 only has 1 overlay, it will tell the driver to use it
on CRT2 if both video outputs are being used.

I looked a bit at the problem with the Martix trailer - I think there is
an issue with large horizontal values in movies ( > 1000).  I also noticed
that it has problems with "weird" aligned horizontal values, ie. 200x150,
1000x500.  I'm probably not dealing with the source pitch alignment
correctly, gotta track down where, though.

I'm not sure about the KDE/terminal corruption.  Maybe "offscreen" memory
is being used for the alpha blending/blitting, and is being overwritten by
the VIDIX driver using the same mem for the overlay?  The VIDIX
framebuffer "memory management" is pretty hacky in general, doesn't
necessarily play nice with X drivers.  I think the xvidix driver is a
great way to test VIDIX development, but Xv is a better option for real
playback, since it's better integreated with X11.  I'm primarily
testing/using VIDIX on the framebuffer right now.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Jake