[MPlayer-dev-eng] [REQUEST] for advice

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Thu Oct 9 23:21:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

developing the TS demuxer I incurred in a strange situation:
when the Continuity Counter is wrong  (which could signal a corrupt
packet) I have  two
possible paths to follow:

1) discard the packet (as is natural)
2) go on and pass the payload to the right demuxer fifo (audio/video/sub)

when I follow 1) certain broken streams show artefacts in the video
display but seeking works well
when I follow 2) seeking sooner or later crashes but the broken streams
show well.

A compromise (that currently is working well) is: when ! cc_ok =>
disable the PES header parsing code
and pass along the whole payload to the ds.

Obviously this solution is a kludge and doesn't satisfy me.

My question is: are the decoders robust enough to discard broken ES packets?

What would you do in my situation?

Thanks in advance,
        Nico