[MPlayer-dev-eng] [jake at CS.Stanford.EDU: SiS vidix support]

Jake Page jake at CS.Stanford.EDU
Thu Oct 9 22:31:41 CEST 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Marcus Thiesen wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 15:55, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I tried the sis vidix support today and something is not working
> > > right. I get a
> > > [SiS] Found chip: Unknown chip (0x6325)
> > > as answer to my try to use it.
> > >
> > > According to SiSCtrl, a utility to change and display the SiS driver
> > > options, i got a SiS 650 rev 0; SiS 301LV video bridge (it is a
> > > notebook).
> > > As I know that all the SiS chips have the same X driver with the same
> > > DRI interface, I can't understand why it does not recognize my chip.
> > You need to apply the libdha patch, if it works after that, I will
> > commit it!
>
> Applied the patch to my libdha that was in the original patch, but still
> have the same message. :-(
> hf

Hi,

I haven't tested it on an SiS based laptop - but the "Found chip: Unknown
Chip" is not a fatal error, it just means that pci_device_name() couldn't
find a name for the PCI device.  0x6325 is the PCI ID of the SiS 650/740
chip, so it is recognizing it.

These SiS chipsets use VGA as "CRT1" and LCD/TV/VGA2 bridge as "CRT2" (ie,
on a laptop the LCD display is probably CRT2).  If things seem to work but
you aren't getting anything displayed, you might try setting the env var
VIDIX_CRT=2 - it should be detecting that there is nothing on CRT1 and do
this automatically, but it's possible that it is setting up the overlay on
the (nonexistent) CRT1...

Anyway, if there is anymore debug output or description of your
problek for it than above I can try to take a look - don't have much to go
on yet...

-Jake