[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] XML transition

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Oct 8 02:05:07 CEST 2003

Hi!

It is time.

We've been carrying around two parallel versions for far too long.
XML is completely in sync now and I was too lazy to commit my latest
changes to the HTML version.  We've just made a release, so there
should be enough time to sort out any problems that may arise until
that release.

Therefore the HTML documentation is now officially declared obsolete,
either commit to both, or to XML only.  So what should happen with the
HTML version of the documentation now?  The real question is: What do
we do with the translations?  We have two new translations - Spanish
(95% finished) and Russian (75% finished) that already are XML only
and French, which is both.  I suggest removing French HTML soon.  But
that still leaves

German
Hungarian
Italian
Polish
Chinese

as HTML only.  So translators please speak up, will it be possible for
you to translate the XML version anytime soon?  Would it help you if
we kept the HTML version for some time?

Diego