[MPlayer-dev-eng] NVIDIA VIDIX How do I test it to help add support?

Ruben Garcia ruben at ugr.es
Mon Oct 6 17:39:32 CEST 2003

Sascha Sommer wrote:
>>I have a 01:00.0 Class 0300: 10de:0281 (rev a1)
>>NVidia Card.
>>
>>mplayer xvidix does not recognize it.
>>How can I add the pci ids so that vidix recognizes it?
>>I'd like to help the nvidia vidix proyect.
>>

> Just add your device id and arch to nvidia_card_ids
> See http://rivatv.sourceforge.net/status.html to find out what arch your
> card is.
>

> Sascha

Ok, I managed to add it.

http://rivatv.sourceforge.net/status.html doesn't list my card, so I
tried 30, 20, 10, 04 and 03 in order

My results are a green window for 30, 20, 10 and 04
and a green window with the video being displayed in a stripe, like this:

	       v-MPlayer green window

/----------\ /----------\
|    	   | ||	|	|  <rest of background good
|----------| |----------|  <video is played in green, grey and magenta
|----------| |----------|  < grey                        [here, repeated
|----------| |----------|  <rest of background good

for 03.

I'll try vesa:vidix next to see if the stripe has to do with the xinerama.

A'rpi, I'm sorry if I sounded stupid. I'll do my best from now on.