[MPlayer-dev-eng] Native codecs from libavcodecs
r_togni at libero.it
Sun Oct 5 23:45:05 CEST 2003
I'm ready to patch MPlayer to use some native codecs from libavcodec.
My current plan is:
- Port a codec to libavcodec if not already there
- Wait a few days after the codec appeared in anonymous ffmpeg CVS
- Make MPlayer prefer the codec from libavcodec over the one from
- Wait some time to check for complaints - bugreports
- Remove the libmpcodecs version of the codec
Is it ok or do you prefer to delay this stuff after 1.0? In that case
i'll commit support for ffmpeg codecs with lower priority than the
MPlayer internal codec, and will do the cleanup after the release.
Since most codecs i'm talking about are old and seldom used (maybe
except for Cinepak), i think it will be safe to go on with the move.
Audio codecs will come later.
More information about the MPlayer-dev-eng