[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec as 'public' library

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Fri Oct 3 14:58:23 CEST 2003

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Luis.F.Correia wrote:
>
> > > last time I tried it (2 weeks ago), mplayer recognized
> > > libavcodec, but
> > > failed to compile because
> > > it tried to use the post-processing code present it
> libavcodec/ (that
> > > wasn't there)
> >
> > Actually, what i want is the other way around... ;)
> >
> > I want to compile mplayer with the included libavcodec, but
> make that
> > library public for OTHER applications to use ;)
>
> How about to compile it in the MPlayer as usually and then compile it
> separatley again in the ffmpeg package? If you use

Waste of diskspace. That is what I want to avoid!

I have at least two other applications that use the libavcodec supplied
by mplayer. Why should I have to have it (lavc) inside the 3 applications?

Is there any _mplayer_ configuration option to make the libavcodec
library shared?

It is only this i want to know.

Thanks!