[MPlayer-dev-eng] ASX Regression

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 21:42:39 CEST 2003

Gabucino,

Hum, this is going to cause problems for me then.

With the 2003/09/27 code I can do the following

mplayer -v -nosound -novideo -frames 0 FILENAME

If I grep for the lines that have "Adding file" in them, I get the contents of
the playlist. I can then download those files individually.

The 2003/09/29 code if I do this

mplayer -v -nosound -novideo -frames 0 -playlist FILENAME

does not show the "Adding file" but shows "Playing" instead. I also understand
that "Playing" is nationalized which makes writing the script tricky...

Now if you have another way I could do this by using libmpdemux or something
else and if you could provide me some sample code that would be great. Doing
a library call is preferred over grepping. And I would prefer not to write my
own playlist parser.

I have found that falling back to the playlist seems to work with everything I
have thrown at it.

Kevin
mplayerplug-in author