[MPlayer-dev-eng] Communicating with mplayer

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Sun Nov 30 23:33:26 CET 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:48:45 +0100
Stefan Jonasson <sjond00 at student.vxu.se> wrote:

> The optimal solution for my situation whould be to have a /dev/mpSlave
> device to write to! It shoulden't be too har to implement in mplayer.
> whould this be something that could be accepted in the main source?

I've implemented something like this. It don't use a device but a fifo.
I simply extended the slave mode to also accept input from a file insted
of stdin.

You can use it with for exemple :
  mkfifo mpSlave
  mplayer -slave-file mpSlave ....
and then you can :
  echo 'pause' > mpSlave

The patch is very simple. If someone think this patch could be commited
I would be happy to document it.

Aurélien