[MPlayer-dev-eng] Communicating with mplayer

Stefan Jonasson sjond00 at student.vxu.se
Sat Nov 29 15:48:45 CET 2003

lör 2003-11-29 klockan 15.09 skrev Arpi:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I.m currently working on a bluetooth-daemon for controlling mplayer and
> > other stuff from my mobilephone (SonyEricsson T610). I have a working
> > implamentation at the moment but it istn.t a verry good solution; the
> > way I do it at the moment is that I open mplayer in slave mode from the
> > daemon. There are two main problems with this approach.
>
> there was already an ericsson bt input plugin patch for mplayer, but the
> patch was not accepted (due to use of fork()). search the archives...

Humm.. Is it even posseble to do this without fork? At least it seems
quite hard to make a network server intervined with a movieplayer..

> > So the way I whant to do it is by sending commands to an already running
> > mplayer process, the only way I can think of is by reimplementing the
> > lirc protocoll in my app, and it seems a little bit of an overkill. So
> > my question is: Is there another way to do this?
>
> yes, write a module (or better fix the above mentioned one) for libinput
There is an aspect more to my darmon.. it isent only for mplayer its a
controling daemon for the whole system. if I did a module for mplayer
instead i would loose all the other functionalíty.

The optimal solution for my situation whould be to have a /dev/mpSlave
device to write to! It shoulden't be too har to implement in mplayer.
whould this be something that could be accepted in the main source?