[MPlayer-dev-eng] Communicating with mplayer

Stefan Jonasson sjond00 at student.vxu.se
Sat Nov 29 15:04:20 CET 2003

Hi all.

I´m currently working on a bluetooth-daemon for controlling mplayer and
other stuff from my mobilephone (SonyEricsson T610). I have a working
implamentation at the moment but it istn´t a verry good solution; the
way I do it at the moment is that I open mplayer in slave mode from the
daemon. There are two main problems with this approach.
1. I have to open mplayer from the phone (this is possible but not very
handy).
2. If the connection is borken and mplayer is running the bluetooth
connection cant be reinitilized ( this is because of some bug somewhere
outside my program, probably in the bluez drivers (the bluetooth control
stack I use) or in the rfcomm module in the kernel.

So the way I whant to do it is by sending commands to an already running
mplayer process, the only way I can think of is by reimplementing the
lirc protocoll in my app, and it seems a little bit of an overkill. So
my question is: Is there another way to do this?