[MPlayer-dev-eng] Synchronization of players in LAN

J.A. Gutierrez spd at shiva.cps.unizar.es
Thu Nov 27 08:57:06 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 11:36:13AM +0100, Tono Esteve wrote:
> Hi, I'm very interested in your modifications. Can you send me the
> modified files?.
> I'm working in a similar project, I tested the mplayerd, but is too slow
> in response, and the sinchronization between several machines is poor.

	I've found a problem; now I understand mplayer doesn't really
	synchronise to system clock. When a player takes more than
	1/25 sec to render the frame, it won't resync after that, so
	eventually synchronisation is lost.
	I will have to add more code, it seems.

	By now, you can find my modifications at

	http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~spd/src/mplayer/
	and
	http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~spd/src/net/tcp-client.c

--
finger spd at shiva.cps.unizar.es for PGP      /
.mailcap tip of the day:                   /             La vida es una carcel