[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] get_total_time for ogg

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Nov 25 10:14:24 CET 2003

Hi,

> Sorry for answering this late but I could not fix the patch the way you
> wanted it. The problem is IMHO that when ogg_open is called the samplerate
> may be not known yet because the vorbisinfo is generated by the audiodecoder.
> Thus it's impossible to save anything but the granulepos.

Yes, you're right. How I LOVE Ogg... (Same problem for FLAC, of course,
and probably for other native audio stuff as well.)

I haven't had time to test your patch, though, so before I apply it:
Regarding Arpi's question: Does your patch always try to seek? Even if
the file is streamed and seeking is not possible? Or do you handle this
correctly?

> P.S: Although demuxer.c has changed the patch is still valid and I would still
> ask for applying it.

I will, after you've answered that question ;-)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)